Ultra Orphan & Specialty Pharmacy
A proven remedy to enhance patient care – and cost-control.
We’re dedicated to effectively managing high-cost drug therapies unique to small, underserved patient populations living with rare chronic disorders. Leveraging the powerful benefits of advanced technologies and softwares enables us to quickly and proactively address the demands of our unique patient-centered health management service model. Patients with ultra-orphan diseases are typically in need of flexible, high-touch healthcare applications, often on a daily basis. Well-designed and accessible technology applications are a necessity to provide this high level of care. In addition, our pharmacy technology meets the specific requirements of strategic manufacturing partners in the pharmaceutical and biotech communities. To ensure patient safety, safeguards are in place for drug storage and dispensing.
Our specialty pharmacy is solely focused on orphan disorders and offers patient-specific health management services. Patients and their families benefit from our individualized guidance, coaching and empowered self-care. Plus, this specialty pharmacy is designed to effectively handle the complex requirements of orphan and ultra-orphan therapies, which often require refrigeration, special handling, high-touch options and the flexibility to meet the specific requirements of manufacturers.
Centric Health Resources clients also enjoy the benefits of:
- 3PL services (third-party logistics)
- Complete logistical services
- Wholesale distribution
- Inventory management
- Shipment tracking
- Pharmacy service provider in all 50 states and Puerto Rico
- Medicare DME supplier for Part D
- Service provider to Medicaid recipients in all 50 states
- Compliance with HIPAA regulations
Within the ultra-orphan environment, distribution models are typically impacted because of the small market size. Centric Health Resources has the experience, resources and proven direct distribution model to help you cost-effectively deliver your products to ultra-orphan patients.
We can help you create a detailed distribution plan based on your needs and our complete logistical capabilities. For example, warehouse facilities should be compliant to Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), featuring a pharmacy facility that is fully equipped and has the skill to inventory and distribute low-volume, ultra-orphan products. An integrated model reduces the costs associated with managing multiple vendors, reduces the risk of service breakdowns resulting from fragmented coordination among partners and provides channel integrity by reducing the risk of counterfeiting or diversion.
To successfully execute the distribution phases of a product, we can help manufacturers achieve the following steps:
- Efficient and rapid implementation of the distribution model should involve a multi-phase ramp-up to meet the manufacturer’s needs
- Within 30 days: Transition and secure reimbursement for clinical trial patients, fill initial stocking orders to hospitals and enroll and process new referrals
- Within 90 days: Execute full program startup and work closely in the detailed development of the specific plan based upon particular program specifications
- Within 91 to 360 days: Execute the full program as above, while developing and implementing a comprehensive health management program.